See All test questions
1. A stopper of mass M is tied to a string of length R and swings around horizontally in uniform circular motion with a velocity of v when acted on by a force of F.
What is the period of the stopper?
2. A stopper of mass M is tied to a string of length R and swings around horizontally in uniform circular motion with a velocity of v when acted on by a force of F.
What is the power developed by the force?
3. Two objects, A and B, have equal charge and equal mass. Neither body is in motion because the gravitational and electrostatic forces between them are equal. If the mass of Object A is halved, equilibrium will be maintained if
4. Which configuration of battery and resistors will create a circuit with the greatest current?
5. Which of the following changes to a circuit will always bring about an increase in the current?
6. If the acceleration of an object is not zero, then which of the following could be constant? Select two answers.
7. A lightweight toy car crashes head-on into a heavier toy truck. Which of the following statements is true as a result of the collision? Select two answers.
8. A student has two tuning forks, one with a frequency of f1 = 50 Hz and the other f2 = 55 Hz. When both tuning forks are struck, a beat frequency is generated. Which of the following manipulations could lead to an increase in the beat frequency? Select two answers.
9. A mass on a spring and a simple pendulum undergo simple harmonic motion. There is no friction present for the mass on the string. Which of the following statements are true? Select two answers.
10. The electric field strength in a vacuum at a point at a distance from a source charge is NOT dependent on which of the following? Select two answers.