See All test questions
1. During oxidative phosphorylation, the energy needed to drive ATP synthesis comes from one source. Which of the following statements states the immediate source of that energy?
2. Which of the following statements about cellular respiration is correct?
3. The light reactions of photosynthesis supply the Calvin cycle with which of the following?
4. Here is a sketch showing cyclic photophosphorylation in the grana of plant cells.
Which of the following statements about this process is correct, and what is the reason for it?
5. Which of the following statements about lipids is correct?
6. Unlike large populations, small populations are vulnerable to various processes that draw populations down an extinction vortex toward smaller and smaller populations until no individuals survive. Which of the following statements correctly identifies the factors that endanger a population?
7. Which of the following statements about the immune system is NOT correct?
8. The disaccharide lactose is available to E. coli in the human colon if the host drinks milk. Digestion of lactose into glucose and galactose begins with the hydrolysis of lactose by the enzyme β-galactosidase, which is encoded by gene Z in the lac operon. Which of these diagrams correctly depicts the lac operon when lactose is being utilized?
9. Which of the following statements explains how a point mutation can have no negative impact in the protein formed from a sequence in DNA?
10. When DNA replicates, each strand of the original DNA molecule is used as a template for the synthesis of a second, complementary strand. Which of the following sketches most accurately illustrates the synthesis of a new DNA strand at the replication fork?
11. Which of the following statements correctly describes what happens to the preRNA during RNA processing?
12. Which of the following statements most accurately explains what EcoR1 is?