See All test questions
1. Which of the following is an example of a detritivore?
2. In a certain population of squirrels that is in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium, black color is a recessive phenotype present in 9 percent of the squirrels, and 91 percent are gray. What percentage of the population is homozygous dominant for this trait?
3. Refer to question 15 for details on the squirrel population. Which of the following conditions is required to keep this population in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium?
4. A reaction that includes energy as one of its reactants is called a(n)
5. To which of the following labeled trophic levels would a herbivore most likely be assigned?
6. A population undergoes a shift in which those who are really tall and those who are really short decrease in relative frequency compared to those of medium size, due to a change in the availability of resources. This is an example of
7. Which of the following statements is correct?
8. Which of the following is not a form of interspecies interaction?
9. Sickle cell anemia is a disease caused by the substitution of an incorrect nucleotide into the DNA sequence for a particular gene. The amino acids are still added to the growing protein chain, but the symptoms of sickle cell anemia result. This is an example of a
10. This represents the backbone of a structure that is vital to the construction of many cells and is used to produce steroid hormones.
11. This structure plays a vital role in energy reactions.
12. This structure is a purine found in DNA.