See All test questions
1. Which of the following theories is based on the notion that mitochondria and chloroplasts evolved from prokaryotic cells?
2. Which of the following is not known to be involved in the control of cell division?
3. Which of the following statements about post-transcriptional modification are incorrect?
4. In a certain pond, there are long-finned fish and short-finned fish. A horrific summer thunderstorm leads to the death of a disproportionate number of long-finned fish to the point where the relative frequency of the two forms has drastically shifted. This is an example of
5. Which of the following cells is most closely associated with phagocytosis?
6. Which of the following statements about photosynthesis is incorrect?
7. If a couple has had three sons and the woman is pregnant with their fourth child, what is the probability that child 4 will also be male?
8. Which of the following is an incorrect statement about gel electrophoresis?
9. You are told that in a population of guinea pigs, 4 percent are black (recessive) and 96 percent are brown. Which of the following is the frequency of the heterozygous condition?
10. Which of the following is known to be involved in the photoperiodic flowering response of angiosperms?
11. Which of the following tends to be highest on the trophic pyramid?
12. A form of species interaction in which one of the species benefits while the other is unaffected is called