See All test questions
1. The transfer of DNA between two bacterial cells connected by sex pili is known as
Questions 2-3 refer to the following information.
2. If inhibitor 1 is able to bind to the active site and block the attachment of the substrate to the enzyme, this is an example of
3. Which of the following is not a change that would affect the efficiency of the enzyme shown above?
Which of the following points on the preceding energy chart represents the activation energy of the reaction involving the enzyme?
5. Those being hunted adopt a coloring scheme that allows them to blend in to the colors of the environment.
6. An animal that is harmless copies the appearance of an animal that is dangerous as a defense mechanism to make predators think twice about attacking.
7. Warning coloration adopted by animals that possess a chemical defense mechanism.
8. Some animals have patterns that can cause a predator to think twice before attacking.
9. Short sequence by promoter that assists transcription by interacting with regulatory proteins.
10. Protein that prevents the binding of RNA polymerase to the promoter site.
11. Transcription-affecting DNA region that may be located thousands of basepairs away from the promoter.
12. Basepair sequence that signals the start site for gene transcription.