See All test questions
1. Which of the following processes occur in the cytoplasm of an eukaryotic cell?
I. DNA replication
2. Crossing-over during meiosis permits scientists to determine
3. An animal cell that is permeable to water but not salts has an internal NaCl concentration of 10%. If placed in freshwater the cell will
4. Three distinct bird species, flicker, woodpecker, and elf owl, all inhabit a large cactus, Cereus giganteus, in the desert of Arizona. Since competition among these birds rarely occurs, the most likely explanation for this phenomenon is that these birds
5. Lampreys attach to the skin of lake trout and absorb nutrients from its body. This relationship is an example of
6. The nucleotide sequence of a DNA molecule is 5′-C-A-T-3′. A mRNA molecule with a complementary codon is transcribed from the DNA in the process of protein synthesis a tRNA pairs with a mRNA codon. What is the nucleotide sequence of the tRNA anticodon?
7. Viruses are considered an exception to the cell theory because they
8. All of the following organs in the digestive system secrete digestive enzymes EXCEPT the
9. Memory loss would most likely be due to a malfunction of which part of the brain?
10. The sequence of amino acids in hemoglobin molecules of humans is more similar to the hemoglobin of chimpanzees than it is to the hemoglobin of dogs. This similarity suggests that
11. According to the heterotroph hypothesis, which event had to occur before oxygen filled the atmosphere?
12. Two individuals, one with type B blood and one with type AB blood, have a child. The probability that the child has type O blood is