See All test questions
1. In a diploid organism with the genotype AaBbCCDDEE, how many genetically distinct kinds of gametes would be produced?
2. Under favorable conditions, bacteria divide every 20 minutes. If a single bacterium replicated according to this condition, how many bacterial cells would one expect to find at the end of three hours?
3. In snapdragon plants that display intermediate dominance, the allele CR produces red flowers and CW produces white flowers. If a homozygous red-flowered snapdragon is crossed with a homozygous white-flowered snapdragon, what will the percentage of pink offspring be?
4. Translation is an energy-intensive process. Approximately how many ATPs are required to synthesize a protein containing 115 amino acids?
5. Question below refers to the following experiment.
A group of 100 Daphnia, small crustaceans known as water fleas, were placed in one of three culture jars of different sizes to determine their reproductive rate. The graph below shows the average number of offspring produced per female each day in each jar of pond water.
(A) Water fleas in a 1-liter jar of pond water
(B) Water fleas in a 0.5-liter jar of pond water
(C) Water fleas in a 0.25-liter jar of pond water
What is the total number of offspring produced in the 0.5-liter jar on the twentieth day, assuming all survive?
6. On average, there is a 90 percent reduction of productivity for each trophic level. Based on this information, 10,000 pounds of grass should be able to support how many pounds of crickets?