AP Chemistry Question 433: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
11. Chemical reactions can be classified as either heterogeneous or homogeneous. Which of the following equations below is best classified as a heterogeneous reaction?
- A. 2C2H2(g) + 5O2(g) → 4CO2(g) + 2H2O(g)
- B. C2H5OH(aq) + O2(aq) → HC2H3O2(aq) + H2O(aq)
- C. C(s) + H2O(g) → H2(g) + CO(g)
- D. C2H2(g) + 5N2O(g) → CO2(g) + H2O(g) + 5N2(g)
Correct Answer: C
(C) All the other reactions have reactants and products in the same state.