See All test questions
1. The oxidation number of chlorine in the perchlorate ion, ClO4–, is
2. A certain reaction has a ΔH° = -43.2 kJ mol-1 and an entropy change ΔS° of +22.0 J mol-1 K-1. What is the value of ΔG° at 800 °C?
3. How many electrons, neutrons, and protons are in an atom of 52Cr?
4. The ideal gas law is successful for most gases because
5. Which of the following is a conjugate acid-base pair?
6. The electron configuration 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 signifies the ground state of the element
7. Solvents A and B form an ideal solution. Solvent A has a vapor pressure of 345 torr at room temperature. At the same temperature, solvent B has a vapor pressure of 213 torr. What is the vapor pressure of a mixture where the mole fraction of A is 0.285?
8. Which of the following reactions is expected to have the greatest decrease in entropy?
9. What is the conjugate acid of the H2PO4- ion?
10. The name for CH3CHBrCHClCH2CH3 is
11. Each resonance form of the nitrate ion, NO3-, has how many sigma and how many pi bonds?
12. Twenty-five milligrams of sucrose (C12H22O11) are dissolved in enough water to make 1.00 liter of solution. What is the molality of the solution?