See All test questions
1. Which of the following is considered a metalloid?
2. Approximately how many half-lives will it take to reduce 10.0 kg of a radioactive substance to 1.0 microgram of that substance?
3. Which of the following is a reduction half-reaction?
1. Cu2+ + e- → Cu+
2. Cu+ + e- → Cu0
3. Fe2+ → Fe3+ + e-
4. Which of the following is expected to have the largest bond polarity?
5. How many electrons, neutrons, and protons are in an atom of Cr?
6. Which of the following is incorrectly named?
7. The name for the following is
8. The functional group that represents an organic acid is written as (Note: R represents the rest of the molecule)
9. Balance the following skeleton reaction in acid solution using the ion-electron method to obtain a reaction with the smallest possible whole-number coefficients. The sum of all the coefficients in the balanced equation is
IO3- + Cl- → ClO- + I2
10. The reaction of Br2(g) with Cl2(g) to form BrCl(g) has an equilibrium constant of 15.0 at a certain temperature. If 10.0 grams of BrCl is initially present in a 15.0-liter reaction vessel, what will the concentration of BrCl be at equilibrium?
11. Which of the following is a balanced chemical reaction?
12. A 50.0 mL sample of 0.0025 M HBr is mixed with 50.0 mL of 0.0023 M KOH. What is the pH of the resulting mixture?