See All test questions
1. How many milliliters of 0.250 M KOH does it take to neutralize completely 50.0 mL of 0.150 M H3PO4?
2. The symbol for antimony is
3. In acid solution the bromate ion, BrO3- can react with other substances, resulting in Br2. Balance the half-reaction for bromate ions forming bromine. The balanced half-reaction has
4. The quantum number signifies the
5. When an ideal gas is allowed to expand isothermally, which one of the following is true?
6. Which pair of reactants will have no net ionic equation (that is, all the ions cancel)?
7. The rate law for the reaction of 2 A + B → 2 P is
8. Hund's rule requires that
9. Radon is a health hazard because
10. The collision theory of reaction rates does not include
11. A 2.35-gram sample was dissolved in water, and the chloride ions were precipitated by adding silver nitrate (Ag+ + Cl- → AgCl). If 0.435 g of precipitate was obtained, what is the percentage of chlorine in the sample?
12. Given the two standard reduction equations and their potentials below, write the thermodynamically favored chemical reaction and its standard cell potential.