See All test questions
1. Which of the following has an octet of electrons around the central atom?
2. What is the pH of a solution made by dissolving 0.0300 mol of sodium ethanoate in enough water to make 50 mL of solution (Ka for ethanoic acid is 1.8 × 10-5)?
3. The weight percent of sodium hydroxide dissolved in water is 50%. What is the mole fraction of sodium hydroxide?
4. Which of the following should be named using Roman numerals after the cation?
5. Carbon exists in various forms called allotropes. Which of the following is not an allotrope of carbon?
6. What is the molecular mass of a gas that has a density of 2.05 g/L at 26.0 °C and 722 torr?
7. para-dichlorobenzene is used as "mothballs." This compound can also be named
8. Under which conditions will a real gas most closely behave as an ideal gas?
9. The equilibrium constant of a certain reaction is 2.6 × 108 at 25 °C. What is the value of ΔG°?
10. Which of the following geometries corresponds to a substance that has five sigma bonds and one nonbonding pair of electrons?
11. The relationship between the vapor pressure of a liquid and the heat of vaporization is expressed in the
12. What is the pH of a solution prepared by dissolving 0.1665 mole of hypochlorous acid (HClO) in enough water to make 500 mL of solution? The Ka is 3.0 × 10-4