See All test questions
1. Why do vinegar (a dilute solution of ethanoic acid in water) and vegetable oil (long-chain organic acids esterified with glycerol) not mix to form solutions?
2. An ester is made by reacting
3. Which of the following salts is expected to produce an alkaline solution when one mole is dissolved in one liter of water?
4. A 50.0 mL aliquot of a solution containing Al(OH)3 is titrated with 0.0500 molar H2SO4. The end point is reached when 35.0 mL of the sulfuric acid has been added. What is the molarity of the aluminum hydroxide solution?
5. When collecting a gas over water, it is important to
6. Chlorine gas reacts most readily with
7. Sulfur dioxide reacts with oxygen to form sulfur trioxide in the presence of a catalyst. The equilibrium constant, Kp, at a certain temperature is 3.0 × 1022. A 2.0-liter flask has enough SO3 added to it to produce a pressure of 0.789 atm Hg. After the reaction comes to equilibrium, the expected partial pressure of O2 will be
8. The melting point of straight-chain hydrocarbons increases as the number of carbon atoms increase. The reason for this is the
9. What is the empirical formula of a compound that is 51.9% carbon, 4.86% hydrogen, and 43.2% bromine
10. Which of the following molecules cannot hydrogen bond with molecules identical to itself but can hydrogen bond with one of the molecules above or below it in the following responses?
11. The standard galvanic cell voltage, E°cell
12. When will Kp and Kc have the same numerical value?