See All test questions
Questions 1-11 refer to the following information.Albert EinsteinOld Grove RoadNassau PointPeconic, New YorkAugust 2, 1939F. D. Roosevelt,President of the United States,White HouseWashington, D.C.Yours very truly,Albert Einstein
Questions 1-11 refer to the following information.
Old Grove Road
Peconic, New York
August 2, 1939
F. D. Roosevelt,
President of the United States,
Yours very truly,
1. In both paragraphs 2 and 3, Einstein makes use of the dash
2. The omission of a cordial opening and identification of the credentials of the writer imply all of the following except:
3. The purpose of the listing in paragraph 5 is to
4. Einstein's attitude can best be described as
5. Einstein's first paragraph suggests all of the following except :
6. Which of the following best identifies Einstein's primary mode of discourse in his letter to FDR?
7. To illustrate the gravity of the situation, Einstein uses all of the following except:
8. Einstein understates the urgency of developing "chain reactions" in America
9. To persuade Roosevelt to consider his recommendations, Einstein uses all of the following approaches except:
10. In his letter, Einstein's own assumptions are all of the following except :
11. After a careful reading of the letter, which of the following inferences is not valid?