AP English Literature and Composition Question 205: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
14. Jim Baker's description of his life (lines 82–93) has the primary effect of
- A. suggesting his discontent
- B. indicating his perverse way of thinking
- C. emphasizing his reclusiveness
- D. criticizing his antisocial attitudes
- E. reflecting his bizarre behavior
Correct Answer: C
(C) The details included in the description-from the empty house to the "leaves rustling so lonely in the trees" (line 90)-stress Jim's hermit-like existence.