See All test questions
Questions 1-12 refer to the following information.Poets and Languageby Percy Bysshe Shelley
Questions 1-12 refer to the following information.
Poets and Languageby Percy Bysshe Shelley
1. The passage is an example of
2. According to Shelley, a poet is a combination of
3. In lines 5 and 6, "the germs of the flower and the fruit of latest time" can best be interpreted to mean
4. According to Shelley, "the pretense of superstition" (lines 7–8) is
5. Shelley asserts that grammatical forms (lines 10–15) serve all the following purposes except
6. The reader may infer that the book of Job and the works of Aeschylus and Dante
7. According to Shelley, poetry, sculpture, music, and painting have what characteristic in common?
8. In lines 19–20, the phrase "that imperial faculty, whose throne … " refers to
9. According to Shelley, which of the following is not part of the nature of language?
10. In line 27, if the word "former" refers to language, then "latter" refers to
11. Lines 27–28, beginning with "The former …," contain which of the following literary devices?
I. parallel structure
12. According to the final paragraph, the greatest attribute of the poet is his