AP Macroeconomics Question 252: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
7. An increase in the price of forklifts imported into the United States from Belgium will
- A. increase the consumer price index and the GDP deflator.
- B. increase the consumer price index but not the GDP deflator.
- C. increase the GDP deflator but not the consumer price index.
- D. increase the GDP deflator and the producer price index.
- E. have no effect on the consumer price index or the GDP deflator.
Correct Answer: E
(E) The consumer price index will not be affected by the increase in the price of the forklifts because forklifts are an industrial product, not a consumer product. The GDP deflator is not affected because import prices are ignored by the deflator.