AP Macroeconomics Question 281: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
12. Imagine someone who is not looking for work because they are embarrassed in the interview process when their inability to read is revealed. However, this person would take just about any job that was offered. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics this person is
- A. in the labor force and unemployed.
- B. in the labor force and employed.
- C. not in the labor force.
- D. not in the labor force, but counted as unemployed.
- E. not in the labor force, but counted as employed.
Correct Answer: C
(C) People like this are neither employed nor unemployed according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics because they are not counted as part of the labor force. To be in the labor force, one must be actively seeking employment.