AP Physics 1 Question 137: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
7. A man stands on a platform scale in an elevator. The elevator moves upward, speeding up. What is the action-reaction force pair to the man’s weight?
- A. The force of the elevator cable on the man
- B. The force of the man on the scale
- C. The force of the elevator cable on the elevator
- D. The force of the man on the Earth
Correct Answer: D
D-The man's weight is the force of the Earth on the man. The Newton's third law force pair is then the force of the man on the Earth.