AP Physics 1 Question 455: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
3. Which of the following is a true statement about standing waves?
- A. Standing waves have zero amplitude at antinodes.
- B. Standing waves have maximum amplitude at nodes.
- C. Complete constructive interference occurs at nodes.
- D. Complete destructive interference occurs at nodes.
Correct Answer: D
Standing waves have zero amplitude at nodes and maximum amplitude at antinodes. Eliminate (A) and (B). In standing waves, complete constructive interference occurs at antinodes and complete destructive interference occurs at nodes. Eliminate (C). Choice (D) is correct.