See All test questions
1. For an ohmic conductor, doubling the voltage without changing the resistance will cause the current to
2. If a 60-watt light bulb operates at a voltage of 120 V, what is the resistance of the bulb?
3. Which of the following would be most effective at decreasing the resistance of a metal resistor?
4. Determine the equivalent resistance between points a and b.
5. Three identical light bulbs are connected to a source of emf, as shown in the diagram above. What will happen if the middle bulb burns out?
6. What is the voltage drop across the 12 Ω resistor in the portion of the circuit shown above?
7. What is the current through the 8 Ω resistor in the circuit shown above?
8. How much energy is dissipated as heat in 20 s by a 100 Ω resistor that carries a current of 0.5 A ?
9. Three light bulbs are initially connected in series to a battery. If a fourth light bulb is then added and is also in series with the other three light bulbs, what happens to the current delivered by the battery?