See All test questions
1. A simple pendulum oscillates back and forth with a period of 2 s. What is the length of the string of the pendulum?
2. The speed of sound in air is 343 m/s. If the wavelength of a certain sound wave is 20.0 cm, what is its frequency?
3. Which of the following is a true statement about standing waves?
4. A string of length 2 m that's fixed at both ends supports a standing wave with a wavelength of 0.8 m. What is the harmonic number of this standing wave?
5. What is the frequency of the third harmonic standing wave in an open tube with a length of 0.5 m? The speed of sound in the tube is 343 m/s.
6. What happens to the magnitude of the electric force between two opposite charges if the magnitude of each charge is halved and the distance between their centers is halved?
7. As a train approaches the next stop, the conductor blows the horn and applies the brakes on the train. What will a person standing at the train stop hear as the train approaches?
8. A speaker is emitting a sound wave with a wavelength λ. If a person is standing in an adjacent room, which of the following would NOT affect the perceived wavelength of the wave?
9. Question below refers to the circuit below:
What is the total resistance of the circuit?
10. Question below refers to the circuit below:
How long will it take for the battery to deliver 300 J of energy to the circuit?