See All test questions
1. Areas of the brain that are damaged are referred to as having
2. The scientific investigation of mental processes and behavior is called
3. Which of the following types of scientists were the first to contend that an individual's ways of thinking are shaped primarily by cultural values and ideas?
4. Which of the following is the best example of an attribute that is culturally-based rather than primarily psychologically-based?
5. Every time you buy ice cream from the Yellow Brick Road ice cream parlor, you get your over-the-rainbow card stamped. Once you purchase ten items, you get your next item free. The Yellow Brick Road ice cream parlor has you on which of the following reinforcement schedules?
6. Which of the following neurotransmitters is most explicitly associated with the experience of pleasure?
7. A psychologist, wishing to study the behavior of prisoners, arranges to dress as a prison guard so that he can stand in the recreation area and unobtrusively study the actions and interactions of the inmates. The psychologist is employing which of the following research tools?
8. An educational psychologist is administering a basic skills exam to second-graders of two different schools in order to compare the students' performance. The researcher administers the exam to the students of the Antrim School on a Wednesday morning and then administers the same exam in exactly the same fashion on that same Wednesday afternoon to the second-graders of the Barton School. Which of the following best identifies a confounding variable in the psychologist's research?
9. The primary research method used by developmental psychologists is
10. Narcotics work because they are chemically very similar to
11. Research indicates that a test participant exposed to a list of positive words and then asked to recall the words from that list a week later will be more likely to remember those words if he
12. The minimum amount of physical energy needed for a person to notice a stimulus is called a(n)