See All test questions
1. In Pavlov's conditioning of dogs, the point at which the dogs salivated at the sound of the tone without the food being present is referred to as
2. In developmental research, studying the same subjects over time is known as
3. The goal of projective personality tests, such as the Rorschach and Thematic Apperception Test (TAT), is to
4. Which of the following accurately summarizes a depressed person's view according to Aaron Beck's negative triad theory?
5. Which of the following is an example of imprinting?
6. Each of the following is a step taken by a therapist who is employing systematic desensitization EXCEPT
7. Max was typically out of control whenever he attended preschool. Teachers tried time-outs and other punishments to no avail. His parents and the school decided to work with Max by giving him a sticker each time he behaved for a full hour. Once he accumulated ten stickers, he could present them to his parents who would give him a reward. The method the school and parents chose to employ is referred to as
8. Which of the following best states a conclusion of Stanley Milgram's study of obedience?
9. Neural transmission is often described as an electrochemical process. Which of the following is most directly involved in the electrical aspect?
10. The "c" in the word cat is best described as a
11. When first born, humans' dominant sense is
12. Ryan suffers from nearly constant, low-level arousal of his autonomic nervous system. Ryan is most likely to be classified as suffering from