See All test questions
1. Seeing someone in line at the grocery store and remembering her or his name is an example of which kind of retrieval?
2. Which of the following is most likely to lead to a constructed memory?
3. Abraham Maslow's hierarachy of needs theorizes that each person is motivated by what?
4. Which of the following brain structures is most centrally involved in hunger motivation?
5. Which kinds of motivations best encourage positive behaviors to persist over long periods of time?
6. A researcher tests the problem solving skills of twenty 10-year-old, twenty 20-year-old, and twenty 30-year-old participants for a study on age and problem solving. What research method is this researcher using?
7. Which of the following newborn reflexes help infants find and eat food?
8. Mary Ainsworth placed babies into a strange situation and observed the babies' reactions when the parents left and then returned. What developmental concept was Ainsworth studying?
9. Which developmental stage theory explained how experiences in infancy, childhood, adolscence, adulthood, and old age influence later personality characteristics?
10. What would Piaget test in order to determine whether a child is in the pre-operational or concrete operational stage of cognitive development?
11. According to Sigmund Freud, what is the dominant factor determining our personality traits?
12. Which of the following is a common way to categorize personality traits?