See All test questions
1. A participant in a single-trial free-recall task is presented with a list of words, one at a time, in the following order: house, flower, dog, table, license, water, computer, salad. In accord with the serial position curve, which of the following words is the participant most likely to forget?
2. The smallest units of meaning in a language are
3. Which of the following psychological disorders is characterized by an abnormally elevated or expansive mood?
4. During periods of darkness, the pineal gland in the middle of the brain produces which of the following hormones that is essential to sleep regulation?
5. Jacob cries uncontrollably every time his mother takes him down the candy isle in the supermarket and refuses to let him buy anything. Eventually, Jacob's mother gives in and lets him choose one candy item to buy if he stops crying. Jacob's crying behavior is __________________ by his mother.
6. Which of the following scientists was among the first to study the relationship between reinforcement and learning?
7. Jonathan's IQ score is in the 97th percentile. Of the following, which score is most likely his?
8. Which one of the following best states Ivan Pavlov's accidental discovery?
9. Grounding a child for two weeks after the child has misbehaved is an example of
10. Which of the following best summarizes why people tend to stay in a slightly elevated state of arousal after a crisis has occurred?
11. Which of the following subsystems of the autonomic nervous system help the body return to "business-as-usual" after an emergency?
12. Tina is a very good student: Her grades are high, she is involved in extracurricular activities, and typically she excels at anything she tries. Therefore, when she caused an accident her second day of driver's ed., her instructor was shocked. The instructor's disbelief is most probably a result of