See All test questions
1. Which of the following would a researcher need to use to determine if the difference between the mean scores of experimental and control groups was significant?
2. Which sentence most accurately describes how neurons communicate?
3. Someone with brain damage who has difficulty making the muscle movements needed to produce accurate speech might have damage to which area of the brain?
4. Which of the following structures is located at the most central and protected part of the brain?
5. The case study of Phineas Gage's brain injury was significant for which of the following reasons?
6. An artist doing a pencil drawing could use which of the following techniques to add depth to her or his drawing?
7. Which classical conditioning term best describes the following scenario: Later in his classical conditioning experiments, Ivan Pavlov's dogs began to salivate whenever they heard any sound similar to a bell, such as a doorbell or someone accidentally clinking a water glass.
8. Garcia and Koelling's research regarding learned aversions established that which of the following UCS and CS pairs are the most powerful and learned most quickly?
9. Why might a researcher use a variable ratio of reinforcement rather than a fixed ratio?
10. Knowledge of different categories of trees and where they grow best is an example of what kind of long-term memory?
11. Which of the following is an example of an implicit memory?
12. Research indicates that which of the following factors most influence a person's sexual orientation?