See All test questions
1. Why can experiments determine causal relationships when no other research method can?
2. Which research method would most likely be used to test the following hypothesis: People who conserve energy by buying hybrid cars are more likely to spend more money on organic foods.
3. Professor Ek is interested in studying online bullying behaviors of middle school students. Which of the following research method choices (and the rationale for the choice) is the most appropriate?
4. A person suffering from a skin rash finds her pain is temporarily relieved by vigorous scratching. She does not perceive the pain from the rash while she is scratching, but the pain returns soon after she stops scratching. Which concept best explains this temporary pain relief?
5. Withdrawal symptoms are most directly caused by which of the following processes?
6. What is the major difference between classical and operant conditioning?
7. What is the major difference between negative reinforcement and punishment?
8. Noam Chomsky and B. F. Skinner disagreed about how children acquire language. Which of the following concepts is most relevant to the differences between their theories?
9. A research participant eats half a bowl of M&M candies, and then stops eating. How would a motivation researcher using drive reduction theory explain this participant's behavior?
10. Which of the following is the best summary of Stanley Schacter's two-factor theory of emotion?
11. How would Piaget describe the process of learning something new using terminology from his cognitive development theory?
12. Albert Bandura and the social-cognitive personality theorists believe that personality results from the interaction of which factors?