See All test questions
1. Functionally, receptors in the retina of the eye differ most from receptors in the cochlea of the ear in the
2. Irrelevant thoughts that provide stimulation when your interest is flagging, letting you experience positive emotions, are
3. Which of the following contributes most directly to people's exaggerated perceptions of the likelihood of air travel disasters, nuclear power accidents, and terrorist violence?
4. According to Whorf's linguistic relativity hypothesis,
5. A severely overweight rat would most likely result from lesioning of the
6. Maria, a bright high school student, fears success. To which of the following colleges would she most likely apply?
7. A projective test with ambiguous pictures that are frequently used to assess achievement motivation is the
8. David collected data on 15 research participants. Their scores were: 42, 38, 14, 13, 12, 12, 11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 10, 9, 9, 9. Which of the following statistics best reflects the central tendency of this data set?
9. The medical model of psychologically disordered behavior is most likely to be criticized for neglecting the importance of
10. Which of the following explanations of why a 17-year-old drives his car at or below the speed limit best illustrates Kohlberg's conventional level of morality?
11. The president of a company brought in an outside consultant to disagree with him about an important decision to be discussed at a meeting of his top level executives in order to avoid
12. Javier wants to study the effects on achievement of taking a course in chemistry in the afternoon, rather than in the morning. A teacher has chemistry classes with the same number of students at 8:30 A.M. and 1:00 P.M., and volunteers to participate with her classes. A major problem in this study would be