See All test questions
1. In classical conditioning the learner learns to associate the unconditioned stimulus with
2. According to Selye's General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS) theory, of the following stages, we are most susceptible to disease during
3. Jeanette locked the front door and then checked it by turning the knob. She checked it a second time. After walking halfway down the path to the street, Jeanette went back to the door and checked to make sure that it was locked. Her behavior appears to be
4. Carlos could consistently differentiate the note middle C on the violin from middle C on the piano because of the difference in
5. Hunger, thirst, and sex are most closely associated with stimulation of the
6. For which of the following disorders might a psychiatrist prescribe a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor such as Prozac or Paxil?
7. Jared thinks that going to psychology lecture classes is a waste of time and that you can do just as well in the course if you just read the review book, watch "Discovering Psychology," and take the tests. He decides to test his hypothesis with an experiment. The independent variable in his experiment is
8. In class, John's teacher tells him that she will give him the coin and bill for each picture he can correctly identify on the face of the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, half-dollar, dollar bill, and five-dollar bill. John cannot identify any of them although he has been handling money for 17 years. His inability to remember the pictures most likely results from
9. Stranded in a deserted area after a boating accident, Harry was able to survive by eating leaves and insects, and drinking water he boiled in a fire he made. According to Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences, Harry displayed a high level of which of the following intelligences?
10. Menarche occurs at about age
11. Amy's therapist shakes her head affirmatively and says, "Yes, uh huh," as Amy talks about her problems. Which of the following treatments did she experience?
12. Lucille suffered a stroke last week and cannot recognize her children or grandchildren by looking at them. Of the following structures, her brain lesion is most likely in the