See All test questions
1. Which of the following is a true statement?
2. Which of the following is an incorrect statement?
3. Which of the following is a true statement?
4. In a school of 2500 students, the students in an AP Statistics class are planning a random survey of 100 students to estimate the proportion who would rather drop lacrosse rather than band during this time of severe budget cuts. Their teacher suggests instead to survey 200 students in order to
5. The distribution of ages of people who died last year in the United States is skewed left. What happens to the sampling distribution of sample means as the sample size goes from n = 50 to n = 200?
6. Which of the following is the best reason that the sample maximum is not used as an estimator for the population maximum?
7. Which of the following are unbiased estimators for the corresponding population parameters?
III.Difference of sample means
IV.Difference of sample proportions
8. Thirty-four percent of Americans say that math is the most important subject in school. In a random sample of 400 Americans, what is the probability that between 30% and 35% will say that math is the most important subject?
9. Researchers found that in the aftermath of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, 12% of the pale grass blue butterfly larvae developed mutations as adults. What is the probability that in a random sample of 300 of these butterfly larvae, more than 15% developed mutations as adults?