See All test questions
1. The principles of freedom-"we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"- stated in the Declaration of Independence were influenced by the beliefs of political philosopher
2. In "Federalist No. 10," James Madison argues that a federal system of government reduces the danger of political factions by
3. Under which of the following circumstances does a president usually experience a reduction in political power?
I. The president is in the final two years of his or her second term
II. The number and severity of international crises is increasing
III. Different parties control Congress and the White House
IV. The economy is strong and the president's approval ratings are high
4. House members are more concerned about their committee assignments than are senators because
5. Which of the following is true of most third parties in U.S. history?
6. Failed felony prosecutions at the state level are sometimes retried at the federal level
7. Which of the following is true of Congress's power of oversight?
8. Which of the following statements about voting patterns is NOT true?
9. Considered as a single group, the Small Business Administration, the Small Business committees in the House and Senate, and small business advocacy groups are an example of
10. Which of the following is true of federal judges?
11. Filibusters are less likely to occur in the House of Representatives than in the Senate because
12. Which of the following is true of congressional redistricting?