See All test questions
1. The right of American citizens to petition the government for a redress of grievances is protected under the
2. The separation of church and state is articulated in the
3. All of the following are ways in which lobbyists attempt to persuade legislators EXCEPT
Which of the following statements can be supported by the table above?
I. From 1992-2008, the majority of registered voters in Texas identified as Independents.
II. The percent of registered voters in Texas who identified as Republican was greater in 2000 than in any other year from 1992-2008.
III. A larger share of the electorate in Texas identified as Democrats in 2008 than in 2000.
5. Which of the following best describes a block grant?
6. The Voting Rights Act of 1965
Which of the following statements regarding approval ratings can be concluded from the table above?
8. Which of the following cases established the precedent that a defendant must be informed of the right to remain silent, the right to a lawyer, and protection from self-incrimination?
9. All of the following are constitutionally mandated presidential powers EXCEPT the power to
10. Which of the following statements does NOT accurately describe voting behavior in the United States?
11. Which of the following is a direct result of an electoral system that features single-member districts?
12. All of the following are true under the system of checks and balances EXCEPT