See All test questions
1. While ratifying the Constitution, the primary point of disagreement between Federalists and Anti-Federalists was over
2. All of the following statements about gerrymandering are true EXCEPT that it
3. Federalism is a principle of government in which
4. Which of the following is the best illustration of "pork barrel" legislation?
5. An appointment to which of the following offices is NOT subject to confirmation by the U.S. Senate?
6. The opposition of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL), and the American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) to Samuel Alito's 2006 nomination to the Supreme Court is an example of
7. Which of the following does the Supreme Court NOT have the power to override?
8. Which of the following does NOT appear in the Constitution?
9. Which of the following best describes the balance the Supreme Court has struck between the establishment clause and the free-exercise clause?
10. Which principle was established by the Supreme Court's decision in Marbury v. Madison?
11. Divided government frequently results in
12. In which of the following cases did the Supreme Court decision establish the "separate but equal" doctrine of state-sponsored racial segregation?