See All test questions
1. A provision in the Constitution that has been used to expand federal power over the states is
2. Which of the following statements best describes the consequences of elite class theory?
3. The exclusionary rule established by the Supreme Court supported the position that
4. Which of the following describes a consequence of the 2010 Citizens United v FEC Supreme Court ruling that dealt with campaign finance laws?
5. A major area that is affected by congressional oversight hearings is the
6. The primary function of a lobbyist is to
7. In viewing the relationship between the president and Congress in the area of foreign policy, which action on the part of Congress attempted to reduce presidential authority?
8. One way Congress can respond to a Supreme Court ruling that declares a law unconstitutional is to
9. In attempting to gain public support for his agenda, the president uses all of the following techniques EXCEPT
10. A Supreme Court that creates precedent is described as one that relies on
Questions 11-12 refer to the following information.The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or the people.
Questions 11-12 refer to the following information.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or the people.
11. After the 1994 midterm election, which of the following laws was passed by the Republican Congress to achieve the objective of this amendment?
12. Which principle of government is derived from this amendment?