See All test questions
1. A private organization that attempts to get government officials to respond to its philosophy and way of thinking on particular issues is called a(n)
2. The political belief that the president is the steward of the people and should continually act in the best interests of the people is known as the stewardship theory. Which president first promoted this theory?
3. States, which require the winning candidates of each party to have an absolute majority in a primary election, may also require the holding of a(n)
4. In the United States, the Congress has created two types of federal courts. These courts are
5. What right is protected by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?
6. Which of the following is a true statement about political parties in the United States?
7. An incumbent is a
8. In developing the United States Constitution, which of the following plans called for a strong national government with three separate branches?
9. An interest group, a bureaucratic government agency, and a committee of Congress working together would be an example of
10. The purpose of a poll watcher is to
11. The president's cabinet is designed to
12. Which of the following terms best describes the legislative tactic of acquiring funds or projects for a Congressman's home district?