See All test questions
1. A primary election open only to the known voters of a political party would best be described as a(n)
2. How many judges currently serve on the Supreme Court?
3. Which of the following is NOT true of the seniority rule?
4. Which of the following is NOT an accurate description of the president's ability to deal with the Congress?
5. If a special session of Congress is necessary after Congress has adjourned, who has the power to call Congress back into session?
6. When a case is appealed to the Supreme Court of the United States on the request of a lower court that is not sure on the point of law, the lower court must present a(n)
7. Which U.S. president held the most press conferences?
8. The size of the House of Representatives is determined by
9. Bicameralism is
10. "A President's power originates in his ability to persuade others." This statement can best be attributed to which of the following individuals?
11. The political party system in the United States is based on the principle of a(n)
12. The Supreme Court of the United States has both original and appellate jurisdiction. The court usually hears cases on appeal and decides only a few cases each year. Who decides which cases the court will hear?