See All test questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a check on the power of the executive branch?
2. After a proposed bill has had its first reading, what is generally the next step that a bill might encounter?
3. Which of the following is true of the constitutional provision regarding the electoral college?
4. Which of the following is NOT a correct statement regarding interest groups?
5. Sometimes litigants that are not part of the formal proceeding of Supreme Court oral arguments wish to have their points of view presented. They may file what is known as a(n)
6. Which of the following is NOT a basic principle of government found in the Constitution?
7. Which of the following would best describe gerrymandering?
8. The political theory proposed by John Locke, calling for a nation to be developed as a voluntary agreement between citizens and government, is known as the
9. The power of the Supreme Court to determine the constitutionality of a law passed by Congress is called
10. Independent agencies that are usually beyond the reach of presidential control are called
11. Which of the following is NOT an expressed presidential power found in the United States Constitution?
12. Which of the following stages generally occurs earliest in the presidential election contest?