See All test questions
1. Which of the following are types of opinions that may be submitted by the justices when the Supreme Court reaches a decision in a case?
I. majority opinion
II. concurring opinion
III. dissenting opinion
IV. concluding opinion
2. The most effective tool of any interest group wishing to influence the workings of government is
3. All of the following are strategies typically used by successful interest groups EXCEPT
4. Poll taxes were fees paid by individuals in order to vote. Which amendment in the United States Constitution outlaws this practice?
5. Which of the following is NOT a role of the members of Congress?
6. Amnesty would fall under which power of the president?
7. In the United States government the creation of every bureaucratic agency may be traced back to
8. What is the correct term for an organizational department of the government that has been created by the Congress but is still not located within the jurisdiction of one of the cabinet departments?
9. During the 1930s, President Franklin Roosevelt attempted to increase the size of the Supreme Court by an unusual scheme. If he had been successful, six new positions would have been added. What was this scheme called?
10. Which of the following best describes the speaker of the House?
11. Which of the following is NOT a function of an interest group?
12. Which amendment of the United States Constitution altered the manner of voting in the electoral college?