See All test questions
1. Before serving in the House of Representatives or Senate, the greatest number of federal legislators
2. A member of the House of Representatives wishing to influence tax policy would most likely try to serve on which of the following committees?
3. The spoils system of awarding civil service jobs was replaced by the merit system as a result of the
4. The boundary lines of congressional districts must be redrawn every 10 years to
The chart above best supports which of the following conclusions?
6. Interest groups representing businesspeople and investors are often among the most successful lobbying groups in Washington, D.C., for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
7. Among the following groups that have traditionally supposed the Democratic Party, which has the least liberal constituency?
8. Voters in which of the following categories would be LEAST likely to vote?
9. People who join a political party other than the one to which their parents belong most often do so because of
10. Which of the following best describes the fate of most popular third-party movements?
11. A constitutional amendment would be required to ban flag burning because that activity is currently protected by the right to
12. The Supreme Court's decision in Miranda v. Arizona was based mainly on the