See All test questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true of federalism?
2. The Supreme Court case of Gideon v. Wainwright was a significant case in that it
3. A bill that has been held up in a committee may be forced out of that committee by which of the following methods?
4. Party dealignment might be occurring if
5. Which of the following is NOT a check on the power of the federal courts by Congress?
6. The War Powers Resolution of 1973 requires
I. the president to inform Congress within 48 hours of any commitment of American troops abroad
II. the president to keep troops abroad for at least 60 days
III. the president to follow the guidelines of the Constitution regarding war
7. Which of the following historic Supreme Court cases called for apportionment of representative seats in Congress to be as equal as possible?
8. A list of cases to be heard is called a(n)
9. Compared to a political conservative, a political liberal generally
10. The Constitution of the United States was written as a direct result of
11. When voters elect a representative from a district within a state, and that representative is selected from several candidates, what type of election system is that state using?
12. Which of the following include the president's key foreign and military advisors?