See All test questions
1. The heads of the executive departments are all members of the president's cabinet. The two newest executive departments are
2. When is a filibuster used?
3. To enforce federal laws or federal court decisions in extreme cases, the president can
4. If the census determines that a state's population has declined significantly from the last census, which of the following would NOT be expected to happen as a result?
5. According to the preamble of the United States Constitution, the goals of public policy for the United States include all EXCEPT which of the following?
6. According to the pluralist theory of democratic government
7. Who was the only president to serve more than two terms in office?
8. Today, a president cannot serve more than two terms. This is because of
9. The ideas of the Enlightenment had an impact on many of those who wrote the U.S. Constitution. One political concept NOT generally associated with the Enlightenment is
10. Which of the following is one of the disadvantages of federalism?
11. The first Supreme Court case to uphold the supremacy of the federal government over state governments was
12. Which of the following has the LEAST influence in creating the political opinions and identities of most Americans?