See All test questions
1. Which political party dominated American politics in the late 19th and early 20th century?
2. Which of the following interest groups was NOT a part of the New Deal coalition created by Franklin Roosevelt?
3. Which third party came in second place in the 1912 presidential election?
4. Some commentators predict a decline in the power of political parties in the United States. Which of the following is NOT a reason for this?
5. In primary elections, some states allow voters to vote for candidates of either party, whether they belong to the party or not. What is this type of primary election called?
6. How was the election of United States senators changed by the Seventeenth Amendment in 1913?
7. The process of specifically redrawing the boundaries of congressional districts to favor one political party or group over another is called
8. Traditionally, the chairpersons of congressional committees have been chosen on the basis of
9. Which of the following is necessary for a treaty to be ratified?
10. Between 2002 and 2008 President George W. Bush and Vice President Richard Cheney argued that
11. Political commentators who compared Barack Obama and Franklin Roosevelt often commented that
12. The 1939 Hatch Act