See All test questions
Questions 1-10 refer to the following information.AP US History Practice Questions: Conflict and American Independence (1754–1800)
Questions 1-10 refer to the following information.
AP US History Practice Questions: Conflict and American Independence (1754–1800)
1. The Albany Plan of Union failed because
2. The American colonists objected to the policies imposed by Parliament after the French and Indian War for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
3. According to the theory of virtual representation,
4. The Stamp Act Congress of 1765 was historically significant in that it
5. Thomas Jefferson relied on the ideas of John Locke in writing the American Declaration of Independence in all of the following ways EXCEPT Locke's belief that
6. Historians often cite Shays's Rebellion (1786–1787) as a significant event in U.S. history because it
7. Under the Articles of Confederation, the national government had which of the following powers?
I. The power to collect taxes
II. The power to negotiate treaties
III. The power to supercede state law
8. George Washington established the principle of executive privilege in a dispute with Congress over the
9. The Age of Salutary Neglect drew to a close with
10. Which of the following best summarizes the strict constructionist position on the establishment of the National Bank?