AP World History Question 64: Answer and Explanation
Use your browser's back button to return to your test results.
5. Which of the following was a direct result of the spread of Buddhism shown on the map?
- A. Indian princes and kings largely ceased their support of Buddhist monasteries by 600 C.E.
- B. Merchant activity between India and Southeast Asia increased.
- C. Missionaries brought Buddhism outside of India via major trade routes.
- D. Chinese emperors under the Tang Dynasty passed decrees banning Buddhist practices.
Correct Answer: C
The map only shows the geographic spread of Buddhism, so eliminate answer choices that the map does not directly support, namely (A), (B), and (D). While unsatisfying, the map does support the fact that Buddhism spread to nations that had trading links with India.